Director of National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences at National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
Applications and nominations are invited for the Directorship of National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) at National Health Research Institutes (NHRI), Taiwan. We are looking for an innovative and forward-looking individual who has global perspectives and comprehensive understanding of the major issues in the fields of environmental health and occupational medicine. In addition to overseeing intramural programs within NIEHS and promoting intra- and extra-mural collaborations, the Director is expected to work and communicate effectively with the government and public.
The candidate is expected to have:
1. Ph.D., M.D. degree, or equivalent academic degree;
2. Outstanding record of academic and research accomplishment in public health, environmental health, occupational medicine, toxicology or related research fields;
3. Strong leadership and mentoring experiences;
4. Ability to develop effective strategic plan and lead a productive multidisciplinary team;
5. Familiarity with scientific and/or medical community and issues in Taiwan;
6. Proficiency in Mandarin is preferred.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a complete Curriculum Vitae and a brief statement of research expertise, administrative experience, and vision or plan for the development of the Institute (one or two pages). In addition, please arrange for three letters of reference to be sent directly to:
Search Committee for
The Director of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Department of Research Planning and Development
National Health Research Institutes
35 Keyan Road, Zhunan, Miaoli County 35053, Taiwan
Contact Person: Ms. Joyce Hsu (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
For full consideration, the application should be received by August 26, 2019. The position is open till a successful candidate is selected. Submitted materials will not be returned.
Background information regarding this position and the Institute can be found at the web site: http://em.nhri.edu.tw/; for more information regarding NHRI’s guidelines for employment, please contact Ms. Joyce Hsu (e-mail: email@example.com)
NHRI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and non-Taiwanese citizens are encouraged to apply.